Put Our Reputation And Experience To Work

Land Use & Zoning FAQ

In Massachusetts, there are specific laws affecting the use of land. Many municipalities regulate how land may be used through zoning laws. These regulations evolve as cities grow and transform. Connors & Connors LLP has been in the neighborhood for 50 years. We continuously keep up with the changing laws and can help you. Below are some frequently asked questions that may be helpful.

Q: What Do I Need To Know About Land Use Law?

A: Land use law regulates the development of public and private real estate. Zoning regulations typically divide a city into residential, commercial and industrial zones. They are intended to maintain efficiency as the city changes. They also regulate the requirements for certain types of buildings, such as height restrictions, the location of utility lines and parking.

Q: What If I Can’T Comply With These Requirements?

A: We can help review your proposed development and determine your options whether it be a Special Permit from the City Council, a variance from the Zoning Board of Appeals or other relief needed. We are experienced navigating the process.

Q: I Am Looking To Make Certain Improvement To My Home, But The Building Department Won’T Issue Me A Permit. Now What?

A: We can review your matter to determine whether it would make sense to apply to the Zoning Board of Appeals for zoning relief.

Put Us To Work For Your Land Deal Today

We are here. We are ready to make a difference for you. Contact our office in Waltham today to get the guidance and advice you need at (781) 894-6000.